- 1 Best Stealth Trail Camera Reviews (Updated List)
- 2 Brand Highlights
- 3 Advantages/Drawbacks Of Stealth
- 4 Warranty and Other Considerations
- 5 Stealth Cam Trail Camera Comparison Chart
- 6 Some Final Thoughts
There is a large variety of choices for you in the trail camera marketplace. Each manufacturer tries to stay up with the latest technology and put their own little twist on it. Some manufacturers are good at it and others not so much. One company that has got it going on as far as trail camera innovation is concerned is Stealth Cam. It’s the reason why they are consistently among the top game camera brands in sales.
Let’s read best-selling Stealth Trail Camera reviews and learn more about them.
Stealth Cam G34 Game Camera
|View On Amazon|
Stealth Cam GXW Wireless Trail Cam
|View On Amazon|
Stealth Cam G42 No-Glo Trail Game Camera STC-G42NG
|View On Amazon|
Stealth Cam 30IR Game Camera
|View On Amazon|
Stealth Cam 45 No-Glo IR Trail Camera
|View On Amazon|
Stealth Cam Digital Scouting Camera
|View On Amazon|
Best Stealth Trail Camera Reviews (Updated List)
Here is what we and several other experts feel are Stealth Cam’s best trail camera models:
1. Stealth Cam G34 Game CameraWe start off our list of the best trail camera models from Stealth Cam with a model that works great yet is sold at a very attractive price. As a matter of fact, it’s hard to beat Stealth Cam G34’s combination of quality and price. It has very good photo resolution and many other features that help to greatly enhance its game scouting ability.
This game camera features a very good 12 megapixels of photo resolution and can also take up to 3-minute bursts of HD video. The HD video it takes is complete with audio too. For nighttime photo taking it will brightly light any area with its 34 lo-glow infrared LED’s.
What else do we like about the Stealth Cam G34? For one, it has a very good 80’ range motion sensor that will trigger this trail camera to take a photo in less than ½ second. That assures you that you won’t just be getting photos of the hind ends of the animals that come near this trail cam.
2. Stealth Cam GXW Wireless Trail CamWe mentioned that Stealth Cam was a very progressive trail camera manufacturer. Once cellular transmission capability became available for use in trail cams they quickly got on board with a wireless trail camera model of their own. This game camera from them is one the better cellular game cameras in the marketplace now.
What we like about it is that it is one of the few wireless trail cameras that can send both the photos it takes and the videos it shoots to its user via email or on their smart devices. You also have a choice of different cellular carriers you can use with it. With Stealth Cam’s remote link setup you can command several wireless trail camera units from a single central location too.
This is an excellent game camera in its own right even if you don’t use it cellular transmission capability. The Stealth Cam GXW Wireless trail camera has very good 12 megapixels of resolution and also takes high quality 1080P HD video bursts. Its nighttime photography is enhanced by its 80’ sensing range and 45 black invisible infrared LED’s. There is even a small 2” viewing screen built right into this game camera model.
3. Stealth Cam G42 No-Glo Trail Game Camera STC-G42NGStealth Cam is one of the leading manufacturers of trail cameras that are budget friendly but still loaded with many nice features. The Stealth Cam G42 is a great example of this. It offers those who scout for the game with it some good photo resolution and some other nice features that make this a handy and versatile tool for any hunter.
The photo resolution you get with this trail camera is an acceptable 10 megapixels. Its HD video capturing ability can be shot in bursts up to 180 seconds long. There are also several different video and photo taking modes which allow you to do such things as use time-lapse photography or preset timed intervals between shots.
Nighttime photo taking is where this game camera excels. It features a 42 LED blackout flash that is unseen so it won’t spook game when it goes off. Despite this is still has a very good 80’-100’ nighttime flash range. Its rapid trigger speed and triple zone motion sensing capability certainly help too. Nighttime motion sensing with this game camera is further enhanced by what is known as Retina™ low light technology too.
4. Stealth Cam 30IR Game CameraThe ultra-affordable Stealth Cam 8MP game camera works pretty well despite its low price. That makes it an excellent entry level trail camera for those that are just getting the hang of using them. It’s an inexpensive way to determine if game scouting with a trail camera is right for you before investing in more powerful and versatile game camera.
Some people may scoff at a game camera that has only 8 megapixels of photo resolution but keep in mind that’s higher than the resolution you will get with most mobile phones. And most of those take pretty good photos. It’s easily enough resolution to tell what species of animal is in a photo and its sex.
The nighttime photo taking the ability of this trail camera is pretty decent too. It features a 30 LED lo-glow infrared flash that will illuminate a distance of up to 80’ in front of the camera. The gamer camera also has a .05 second trigger speed and uses image enhancing ‘Matrix Blur Reduction’ technology for clearer nighttime photo taking.
The Stealth Cam 8MP game camera is simple to program too. Everything is done by pressing a few soft-touch buttons and following the instructions that are displayed on its built-in programming screen.
5. Stealth Cam 45 No-Glo IR Trail CameraThis is one of the tops of the line trail cameras that Stealth Cam makes. It’s a strong game camera in many different ways. Its crystal clear 14 megapixels photo resolution is among the highest on any game camera that Stealth Cam builds. The Stealth Cam 14.0’s HD image and video capability are even further enhanced by this game camera’s advanced built-in anti-blur technology.
One of the highlights of this Stealth Cam product is its superior nighttime photo taking capability. It has a 45 LED blackout flash capability that cannot be seen by an animal even if they are looking directly at the camera when it flashes. This nighttime flash will also illuminate the area up to 80’ in front of this model trail camera.
Other nice features on this Stealth Cam 14.0 model include a rapid response .05 second trigger speed from the time movement is detected and its wide-angle motion sensing capability. Its shell is made of a dent and cracks proof rigid plastic that is done up in a camouflage pattern that will blend in when attached to many different trees too.
6. Stealth Cam Digital Scouting CameraHere is another entry level type trail camera from Stealth Cam that is very budget friendly. Its features will not overwhelm you but they will get the job done. So be sure not to overlook this model when you are searching for a game camera to scout an area of land for you. This trail camera is an oldie but goodie that has been steadily improved since it first came out in 2000.
It has 6 megapixels photo resolution and a variety of features that help make the pictures it takes seem like they are even higher resolution than that. Its nighttime photo-taking range is not the largest at just over 50’ but anything in that area will be well lit up thanks to its 12 bright lo-glow infrared LED flash. Its sub 0.8-second trigger speed helps too.
The Stealth Cam Megapixel Digital Scouting Camera also has a sturdy plastic exterior that is done up in a stealthy camouflage pattern. There is no need to bring the SD card in it back to your home to view the photo and video it takes because it has a small viewing screen built right into it also.
- They have a good selection of highly capable, budget-friendly trail cameras
One of the things Stealth Cam is most well-known for is making budget-friendly trail cameras that still have many nice features and work very well. Not everyone needs a trail camera to scout for the game that has all the bells and whistles on it you can think of. Most of the time some clear day and nighttime photos of the game in an area are all you need for hunting success.
Why is being able to purchase affordable model trail cameras that work great a real positive for hunters? It’s because many hunters like to set up more than one trail camera at a time. That allows for game scouting in a much wider area for better hunting results. Having an affordable model game camera that works well like those made by Stealth Cam enables hunters to do this in a budget-friendly way.
- The excellent nighttime flash capability is standard on many Stealth Cam game cameras
Some game camera models have limited flash capability at night but that is rarely the case with trail cameras made by Stealth Cam. Many of their models feature flash ranges in excess of 70’. That’s a big bonus for a trail cam owner because it will give them better quality photos of the many animals that are active at night in the area of where the trail cam is set up.
- Many models have SD car overwrite capabilities
There is nothing more bothersome when scouting for the game with a trail camera than finding it stopped taking photos because its SD card memory was full. You can lose a lot of useful photo information in an area when scouting for the game with a trail camera if this happens to you. Stealth Cam has many game cameras that will automatically rewrite over the oldest sections of an SD card if this happens so they never stop supplying you with current photo data.
- Their deer cameras have many stealthy attributes
Stealth Cam trail cameras do a good job of not spooking the animals away when they shoot photos or video. They feature quiet shutters, lo-glow or invisible flashes and they even blend in well with the trees they are placed on with their design. They do a great job of living up to their name in this respect.
Advantages/Drawbacks Of Stealth
- They make high-quality trail cameras that are very affordably priced
- Many of their models have very good nighttime photo taking capabilities
- Stealth Cam lives up to its name by adding many stealthy features on its cameras
- Even their budget model trail cameras offer nice features
- The wireless game camera they make is among the best in that category
- Lack of very high-resolution trail cam models
- Not many models have viewing screens built-in
Warranty and Other Considerations
Stealth Cam’s warranties, for the most part, are nothing special. We really don’t find that surprising because of the low price point of many of Stealth Cam’s trail cameras. Most every one of their game cameras comes with just a simple 1-year warranty. For more information, read their FAQ page.
Some of this can be offset by how well Stealth Cam makes their cameras. They use virtually unbreakable polymer plastic housings and the seals that are around their critical sensors are very weatherproof.
Stealth Cam Trail Camera Comparison Chart
|Product||Price||Photo Resolution||Flash Range||Trigger Speed|
|Stealth Cam G34 Game Camera||$$||12MP||80 ft.||less than ½ second|
|Stealth Cam GXW Wireless 12 MP Trail Cam||$$$$||12MP||100 ft.||0.4 s|
|Stealth Cam G42 No-Glo Trail Game Camera STC-G42NG||$$$||12MP||80 - 100 ft||0.5 s|
|Stealth Cam 8MP 30IR Game Camera||$$||8MP||80 ft.||0.5 s|
|Stealth Cam 14.0 Megapixel 45 No-Glo IR Trail Camera||$$$||14MP||80 ft.||0.5 s|
|Stealth Cam Megapixel Digital Scouting Camera||$||6MP||50 ft.||0.8 s|
Some Final Thoughts
Despite the fact some Stealth Cam models lack high-resolution photo taking ability and internal viewing screens, these tend to still be very capable game scouting cameras. Most all of them have real satisfying nighttime photo taking ability and can detect motion at least 80’ away from the front of the camera too. Even the little bonuses like SD card overwrite and multiple photo shooting modes seem to be on most every trail camera model Stealth Cam makes. Look for them to be a low cost, high-performance game camera maker for many years to come.